Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Valentine's Day Love Story

It was fifteen years ago, today, that she came into my life.  The man she had been with found another, and he no longer had eyes for her.  For me, when she came into the coffee shop, it was love at first sight.  Full-bodied and curvy, she had just the right amount of belly to be sexy.

Frankly, I loved her body before I ever even got to know her.  I hope that doesn't make me shallow...

I remember the first time that she sat in my lap.  I put my arms around her, and stroked her neck as she made happy sounds.  I knew, then, that I wanted her in my life, forever.

I don't think the age difference is a problem.  She is 13 years older than I, but I find her maturity to be one her strong points.  Even the fact that I am a Southerner, from Tennessee, and she is a Michigan Yankee doesn't matter.  I hear that Kalamazoo can be lovely, in the springtime.

Other guitars have come and gone, in my life, but my 1948 Gibson ES-125 has been with me longer than my ex-wife, and I plan on growing old with her.

I hope your Valentine makes you as happy as mine makes me!

x

2 comments:

  1. Michigan. Definitely a strike, even if not a deal breaker. PAC 12 rules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh, I see what you did there.

    ReplyDelete

As always, sorry about the word verification. It's a necessary evil, unfortunately.