Wednesday, December 21, 2011

States

How many states have you biked in?  I started keeping up with my "biked-in states" after I got back from visiting my sister and brother-in-law in Oregon, in the late 80s.

As near as I can figure, I have biked in 16 states, so far:  Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi, Ohio, Indiana, Colorado, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Washington, Oregon and Arizona.

I haven't biked in Georgia since I was about 7 or 8 years old and visiting relatives, but I biked there.  I have mountain biked in all of the other states on my list, excluding Kentucky and Mississippi.  I lived in those states well before I ever heard of a mountain bike (the early 70s and late70s/early 80s, respectively).

I need to add some states to the list.  It has remained static for about 15 years, now.  I think maybe I'll have to take a trip to New Mexico, this Spring...

x

3 comments:

  1. You have a welcoming friend in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawn will go mountain biking with you if you come down here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better pay attention to Pondero...

    ReplyDelete

As always, sorry about the word verification. It's a necessary evil, unfortunately.