Monday, December 5, 2011

Kickstands

When I got my first new bike, I got the "kickstand talk".  I don't know if every little kid with a new bike gets this same lecture, but everyone I've ever mentioned it to recognized it.

"I don't want  to see you dropping this bike on the ground.  It's got a kickstand on it, and I expect you to use it.  This is a nice bike, and I don't want to see it lying in the grass, or on the driveway..."  etc, etc.

I don't, to this day, know what the big deal about laying your bike on the grass was.  But, also,  I still don't like to do it.  Every time I do, I expect the 1967 version of my dad to show up and spank me, or something.

I tend to lean my bike against something (a tree, a wall, another bike, whatever) rather than lay it down, if it doesn't have a kickstand on it.  Of course, all of my commuters, and a few of my other bikes have kickstands (because they are cool).

So, use those kickstands.  I don't want to see you dropping your bike in the grass...

x

1 comment:

  1. Keekstands? We no need no steenkin keekstands!

    ReplyDelete

As always, sorry about the word verification. It's a necessary evil, unfortunately.