Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Snack Envy

For a while there, I fell victim to the marketing and only carried so-call "energy bars" and such on bike rides.  They are easy to carry, and contain concentrated energy, and whatnot.  You've heard the spiel.

However, I changed my habits after one particular ride.  Bill and I had been on the trail for about three hours when we came to a nice scenic spot and decided to take a break.  I pulled out a Clif Bar, and started eating it.  Bill pulled out a ham sandwich and some cheese crackers.

I briefly considered killing Bill and eating his snack.  But, I managed to maintain control, and bummed a cracker off of him.  The salty goodness was like a side trip to Heaven.

Since then, I have made it a point to carry some savory food on long rides. 

x

1 comment:

  1. I never have understood energy bars. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich even on white bread taste way better, is way cheaper and does the same job.
    Energy bars are just another kind of candy bar.

    ReplyDelete

As always, sorry about the word verification. It's a necessary evil, unfortunately.