Sunday, October 9, 2011

Look, Up In The Sky...!

Lots of dirt bikers ride the trails of Rampart Range, but we always got along with them when we were riding mountain bikes up there.  We could hear them coming, and we would just stop and get off of the trail until the motorbikes got by.

One day, we were approaching a rock outcropping that we often rode on, on the way through.  The granite outcropping loomed over the trail, at that point, about 8 feet high.  As I was riding along, I could hear some dirt bikes messing around on top of the rock.  The trail led onto the rock on the far side of the outcropping, so access was simple for dirt bikes and mountain bikes, alike.

Just as I was making the turn around the corner of the rock, a dirt biker launched his bike off of the rock and flew right over the top of me before landing on the trail 15 or 20 feet away.

"Sweeeet!"  one of the guys behind me exclaimed.

The motorcyclist turned around and saw us.  He had that look on his face that said he was expecting a confrontation from me, since he had flown over me unexpectedly.  I just gave him a thumb's up and a smile, then continued on my way.

I was pretty impressed that he had the cojones to launch off of that ledge.  Plus, it was pretty cool to get that view of the bike, as he went over me!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, sorry about the word verification. It's a necessary evil, unfortunately.