Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Guess You had To Be There...

I'm sure you've been somewhere with friends, when someone blurted out some non sequitur which, on it's own, was neither funny nor remarkable.  But, in that time and place, everyone found it hilarious.

One day, as the usual group rode down the E-470 Bike Path, on the way to the original location of Kaladi Brothers (outside the Park Meadows Mall, near Old Navy) for breakfast, we were close to the runway approach for Centennial Airport.  As we got even with the end of the runway, a Lear jet took off over our heads.

"Dammit!" I yelled.  "My plane took off without me!"

For some reason, everyone found that funny, and much hilarity ensued.  In fact, it became a stock phrase, whenever we saw a plane fly overhead, for quite a while.

I miss the regular rides and camaraderie that I took for granted, back then.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, sorry about the word verification. It's a necessary evil, unfortunately.