Sunday, August 7, 2011

On High

Tony and I stopped for a breather as we came down the Portal Trail.  There was a slab of rock, where we stopped, that cantilevered off the side of the cliff face we were traversing.  So I lay down on it, and put my chin on my hands, looking over the edge of the rock at the road, 300 feet below.

Tony lay down beside me, and was also watching the cars go by.

"We're like gods, up here,"  I said.

"What do you mean?" Tony asked.

"Well, " I said, "we know that those people in those cars exist.  And, we know where they are.  They may believe that we exist, that cyclists are riding on this trail, but they can't prove it."

"Yeah," Tony mused, "we are theoretical to them, and they are factual to us."

"Ten-four," I said, in the manner of the Greek gods, on Olympus.  "Let's ride."

And so, we continued on, in all our glory...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, sorry about the word verification. It's a necessary evil, unfortunately.