Sunday, July 31, 2011

Rock Star

I've had three different jobs, in my life, which made me feel like a celebrity.  When I was tending bar, during the last year I went to college, I was often recognized on the street by people who frequented the place.  It was actually kind of cool to get friendly greetings from the local biker gang.

As a coffee shop owner/barista, I experienced the same thing.  This time, though, it was cyclists and caffeine freaks, rather than bikers and alcoholics saying hi to me.

But, neither of those compared to when I worked at the bike shop in Parker.  For years, I couldn't go to the grocery store without numerous encounters with people who knew me (even though, I have to admit, I knew very few of them, until they mentioned their specific bike).  Valerie wouldn't go shopping with me, because it annoyed her to have to stop and talk to 15 people in the store.

I have to say that I didn't really mind it.  I liked working with the public, for the most part,.  And I was happy that the public like working with me, for the most part.

I miss that, just a bit...

x

1 comment:

As always, sorry about the word verification. It's a necessary evil, unfortunately.