Sunday, July 3, 2011

Push-Button Idiocy

I came out of the house on Sherman Street and had a sinking feeling when I looked down the hill at my truck.  I had forgotten to take the pink bike into the house, the night before, and someone had tried to steal it.

I got to the truck and surveyed the damage.  The suspension fork was broken, as was the Thule mount it had been locked into.  Thye bike and the front wheel were hanging against the side of the Nissan, dangling from the security cable.

I went to unlock the 4-digit combination lock, and I had to laugh.  The dumbass who tried to steal the bike had manged to break it loose from the rack, but was defeated by a fifteen-dollar lock...which wasn't even locked.  Had they just pushed the button on the side of the lock, it would have popped open.

I did just that, the lock did just that, and I carried the bike up to the apartment.  I guess you don't have to be particulaly smart to become a bike thief.

But, you have to a little smarter than this guy to be a successful bicycle thief.

x

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting your story produced. I was wondering if you were going to get one in yesterday after the ride. It was fun riding with you, Brad, Michael, Tim and Asher yesterday!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete

As always, sorry about the word verification. It's a necessary evil, unfortunately.