Monday, July 25, 2011

I Am Nauseating

At least, I have been to a snake.

One day, I was leading a club ride up Waterton Canyon.  We hit the first big climb, past the dam, and everyone was in low gear, creeping along.  A I rode along behind everyone, I looked over at the edge of the road and saw a snake sunning itself.

I wasn't sure what kind of snake it was, but I was certain about what it wasn't.  It was a rattlesnake, so I knew it was harmless.

"Hey, everybody,"  I called out to the group, "look what I found!"

I got off of my bike, and picked the snake up off of the ground.  Lots of oohs and aahs, and a few uncomfortable squeals came from the group as I held the reptile up so that everyone could see.

Suddenly, the snake opened its mouth wide, and it started to convulse rhythmically.

"What's it doing?"  someone asked.

"I don't know," I replied.

Just then, legs appeared in the snakes mouth!  Then, it became apparent that Mr. Scaly was upchucking a frog.  Apparently, he had just eaten, because the frog he threw up was unmarked, and looked like it might hop away.

It didn't, though...

x

1 comment:

  1. When snakes get stressed hey upchuck food if they've eaten recently...

    ReplyDelete

As always, sorry about the word verification. It's a necessary evil, unfortunately.