Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ewe Have To Be Kidding!

I came around the blind curve on the way back down to the Colorado Trail trailhead, and grabbed a couple of big hands full of brakes.  Tony was lying in the trail, his bike nowhere in sight.

I skidded to a halt, just as Tony started to sit up.

"What happened?" I asked, as he stood up.  "Where's your bike?"

"I don't know, where it is," he replied.

Tony went on to tell me what had happened:  As he had come around the bend in the trail rolling at about 15 mph, a mountain sheep had stepped out of the trees and into the middle of the single-track.  Tony t-boned the sheep, and was launched off of the bike.  Apparently, it knocked him out for a minute, because he had no memory of where the sheep, or his bike, had ended up.

I put my bike to one side, and walked back up the trail a few yards, looking downslope into the underbrush.  Soon, I saw Tony's bike lying in the bushes, 20 feet off of the slope.  I climbed down and got it for him, then we continued down to Waterton Canyon.

I noticed that Tony was going a bit slower, though.  I think he had eaten enough wool, for one day.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, sorry about the word verification. It's a necessary evil, unfortunately.