Monday, April 11, 2011

Partially Gelatinated Non-Dairy Gum-Based Beverage

It was a hot day, and I was feeling the burn as I made the turn from the South Platte Trail onto the Cherry Creek Trail at Confluence Park.  I was 40 miles into a 65 mile loop, mostly on bike trails.  It's not that hard of a ride, usually, but I had made it a bit more of a challenge by doing it on the high-wheeler.

I owned a coffee shop, down in Parker, at the time, and I didn't get a lot of chances to ride.  So, when I did ride, I often took the 48" BoneShaker.  It was not only a lot of fun, but it also was a lot more effort to ride.  In essence, it was condensing bicycling down to the purest form possible.

I headed south on the Cherry Creek trail, and I was dying for something cold, plus I was getting hungry.  Suddenly, I saw my salvation on the street above the creekside trail.  Burger King!

I took the ramp up to street level, and backtracked to the King's parking lot.  I leaned the big bike up against the window, so I could keep my eye on it, and went in.  Two minutes later, I was sucking down a Burger King choco-flavored partially gelatinated non-dairy gum-based beverage, or what you might think of as a milkshake (if it had any milk in it, at all).

It was good.  It was so good, in fact, that I started making that BK a regular stop on my highwheeler rides.  Nothing gets you home like a cold frosty one, on a hot day!

x

1 comment:

  1. Reading the ingredients of the various good things I used to love has ruined it for me.

    ReplyDelete

As always, sorry about the word verification. It's a necessary evil, unfortunately.