Monday, January 31, 2011

Ceasar's Palace? Nope. Jeff's Garage.

My cousin Jeff and I had spent a good bit of time with my toy Evel Knievel Stuntcycle, out in his garage, when we decided that it was time to do something else.  Following along with the theme of jumping things on two wheels, Jeff decided to use his dad's car repair ramp as a jumping ramp.

He set it up, pointing into the garage, and took his bike to the end of the driveway.

"Are you sure that you want to jump into the garage?"  I asked, concerned that he was going to crash into this dad's Honda 750, which was parked along the back wall of the garage.

"I do this all the time,"  he replied, and took off toward the ramp.

He hit the ramp, flew into the garage, landed and slid to a sideways stop a couple of feet from the Honda.

"Cool," I said.

"I can jump higher.  Watch!"

Back out to the end of the driveway he went.  Then, he took off hard and hit the ramp at a considerably higher rate of speed.

WHAM!  Jeff's head hit the overhead garage door, which boomed like a huge drum.  I thought he had knocked himself out.  But, he landed the bike and skidded to a halt without hitting anything.  Then, he grabbed his head and fell over.

"Well, " I said as the grown-ups came out to see what the noise was, "you did go higher!"

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, sorry about the word verification. It's a necessary evil, unfortunately.